The overall aim of the programme is to enable the learner to develop their knowledge, skills, and competence to deliver professional care support in a variety of healthcare settings. The course is delivered on a flexible part-time basis and in small class groups. Fees may apply for this course if you do not meet certain eligibility criteria for free fees. Click here to learn more about entry criteria and fees.
Learners typically undertake the course to:
- To develop the skills to work in a variety of healthcare settings.
- To achieve a QQI qualification for the purposes of gaining employment
- To provide a platform to progress onto other Further Education and Training courses
- To provide a platform to progress onto Higher Education and Training.
Learners can choose from a variety of modules including:
- Safety and Health at Work QQI Level 5
- Care Skills QQI Level 5
- Care Support QQI Level 5
- Communications QQI Level 5
- Work Experience QQI Level 5
- Care of the Older Person QQI Level 5
- Care Provision and Practise QQI Level 5
- Human Growth and Development QQI Level 5
- Activities of Living Patient Care QQI Level 5
- Word Processing QQI Level 4/5
To enrol on any of these modules or to find out more information about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring the centre on 045-866314 for more information.